Rainy days are the perfect excuse to do some window art! These window art projects are some of our favorite ways to make your own sunshine. They never fail to brighten up a room and add lots of colorful whimsy! With a little help from some window crayons, non-permanent chalk markers, and/or washable glue stick, you can turn an ordinary window into an artful masterpiece. Here are some of our favorite window art projects, along with a tip for quick and easy clean up! Looking at these projects always makes me smile!
Favorite Window Art Projects:
- Autumn Window Art — Welcome the beginning of the Fall season with some colorful Autumn decor!
- Colorful Birds Window Display — The project is perfect for Summer or any time of year when you want to add a bit of color to your windows!
- DIY American Craftsman Style Window — A super quick and temporary way to add some style to an otherwise plain window.
- Windows for a Winter Wonderland — Add some festive charm and celebrate the holiday season with a cool Winter look!
Spring Scene Window!
Invite your child to use non-permanent chalk markers or window crayons to draw flowers, butterflies, and ladybugs on a window. For younger kids, grown-ups could draw a color-by-number scene for the kids to fill it with color. On a separate sheet of paper, list the colors for each number and invite the kids to complete the window scene! The kids can work on developing number recognition skills while creating some colorful decor.
Quick and Easy Clean Up Tip
The most frequently asked question I receive regarding window art projects is “What about the clean up?” Recently, I learned about Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers, and they work very well to remove traces of chalk marker, window crayons, or washable glue stick. These wipes are bleach-free, have a pleasant scent, and the Micro-Scrubbers provide the perfect amount of gentle abrasion to remove any stubborn bits of dried on window artwork! These wipes are double-sided for multipurpose use. The texture side is perfect for scouring tough messes like baked on grime and soap scum, and the smooth side is useful for simply wiping away dirt. I love how the Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers make clean up quick and easy, plus they kill cold and flu viruses too. Clean and disinfect in one easy step! Here’s a little video showing the Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers in action!
How do you use Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers in your home? Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/5/2016-6/30/2016.