Paper snowflakes are such a wonderful classic Winter craft to make together with the kids. These paper snowflake kits are the perfect way to ensure all of the materials you need are in one place to inspire plenty of Winter crafting fun! These would be a great simple gift idea too! Don’t forget to print out our free “paper snowflake kit” label template (found below) and check out our Pinterest boards for more handmade holiday fun to do with the kids!
- 5-7 Sheets of Plain White Paper — white origami paper works best.
- Coffee Filters — can be painted with watercolor paints and made into paper snowflakes once the paint has dried, or left white.
- Safety Scissors
- Basket Filler
- Snowflake Sticky Notes
- Dental Floss or White Cotton String
- Cardboard Shipping Box
- Winter Washi Tape
Print and cut out the free label template here. Attach to the top of the box using washi tape.
Next, gather up the materials to create your paper snowflake kit: sheets of white paper rolled up and wrapped in string, coffee filters, scissors, snowflake sticky notes, and some string (or dental floss) labeled as “snowflake string”.
Add basket filler to the box, and fill it with the materials for your paper snowflake kit. Print out the instructions to make paper snowflakes found here, and attach to the inside lid with washi tape.
These kits would make great gifts for family and friends who are fighting cabin fever. They could be used as a simple invitation to create during the Winer break while kids are home from school! Here is a handy video tutorial showing how to make a simple paper snowflake.
Video Tutorial on How to Make a Paper Snowflake:
Other Snowflake Activities for Kids:
- Make GIANT Paper Snowflakes with this video tutorial from Let’s Lasso the Moon.
- Craft up some puffy paint snowflakes.
- Make a pretty snowflake sun catcher.
- Hand paint some snowflake trivets.
More Handmade Holiday Fun can be found on our Pinterest board!