Several of the crafts Emily and I create are products of the Invention Kit. We love recycling materials and finding new uses for things, so we set aside a separate box with things that might be useful for future projects.
- Egg Cartons — Great for holding paints, and we have several ideas for future craft projects using these.
- Plastic Bottles — We have made bird feeders from these.
- Empty Cereal Boxes — We never buy cardboard. Instead, we use up cereal boxes. Click here and here for some inspiration.
- Paper Towel and Toilet Paper Rolls — Click here for instructions to make your own bird watching kit using paper rolls. This was one of Emily’s favorite projects!
- Frozen Juice Concentrate Lids — We recently made a matching game with these. They can also be made into magnets, or other ornaments.
- Empty Margarine Containers — We use these for holding water during painting projects.
- Paper Bags — I will cut these up and Emily loves to draw and paint on the non-printed side for free craft paper.
- Junk Mail/Catalogs — See Emily’s recent collage project using flower catalogs. We have also used a hole puncher on different colored junk mail and made terrific confetti with it.