This marble nail polish craft would be a fun weekend project for older kids. These painted tile coasters would be lovely handmade gifts for Mother’s or Father’s Day. I love how each tile is unique! This marble nail polish craft is a great way to use up the last bits of leftover nail polishes you may have that are otherwise taking up space in your home. Here is a simple marble nail polish video tutorial to get you started with this fun technique!
To make your own marble nail polish crafts, you will need:
- a surface to paint (in this case I used plain bathroom tiles to make coasters) Other ideas include: the bottom outside of a plain ceramic mug, plain cell phone cases, the outside of a plain glass vase.
- nail polish in various colors
- a disposable container large enough to dip your painting surface
- paper towels
- disposable gloves
- bamboo skewer
Fill the disposable container with warm water. Wear disposable gloves. In a well-ventilated area, carefully pour the nail polish to float on the surface. You can also use the brush from the nail polish and gently touch it to the water.
Use a bamboo skewer to swirl your design as desired.
Dip your painting surface into the paint and your design will transfer over. Lay it on a paper towel and allow the paint to dry completely.
Once the surface is completely dry, you may add the sealant to protect your design.
Here is a quick marble nail polish video tutorial:
More Marble Paint Techniques:
- Liquid Laundry Starch and Acrylic Paint
- Shaving Cream Marble Paint
- Suminagashi Paper Marbling with Kids
Disclosure — This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting us!