Waiting for the ball to drop? Don’t know how to keep the kids occupied? Try some of these ideas:
- Video Game Tournament — For more information on this, be sure to check out my post on 5 Ways to Save Money on Video Games.
- Coloring Pages — Click here to print out New Year’s Eve coloring pages.
- Snow Globe Snowman — No Time for Flashcards features this adorable craft for the kids to enjoy.
- Tambourines — Click here for instructions to make a fun tambourine craft (made with paper plates, ribbon, and jingle bells) to shake after midnight!
- Sparkly 2009 Banner — Yesterday’s post with directions for how to make a sparkly 2009 banner using empty cereal boxes and aluminum foil can be found here.
- Time Capsule — Make a time capsule using a decorated empty coffee can. Fill with photographs, recipes, old recordings, trading cards, etc.
- Start a Journal — What better time to start a journal with a clean slate? Click here for instructions to make a fabulous winter journal from a plain composition notebook.
- Make Your Own Peppermint Hot Chocolate — This is so easy, and so frugal! For the recipe, click here.