Teachers work hard to make sure their students are learning and performing their best in the classroom. Many times, teachers spend their own money on school supplies, work late hours, or take continuing education classes to stay informed. That is why I am thrilled to help spread the word about SONIC Drive-In’s #ThanksTeach campaign in support of teachers across the country during Teacher Appreciation Month in May! My kids are fortunate to be blessed with wonderful teachers this school year! My second grader has a teacher who continuously finds clever and engaging ways to keep her students interested in learning. My sixth grader has a team of teachers who are dedicated to helping her succeed in her first year of middle school. I am so grateful for their teachers for fostering a lifelong love of learning!! The #ThanksTeach campaign is in support of SONIC’s cause marketing program, Limeades for Learning, to benefit teachers across the U.S. during Teacher Appreciation Month. It is so easy to participate! For every Retweet, share, or unique content created and incorporating the hashtag #ThanksTeach, SONIC will donate to public school classrooms, up to $1 million in May. Fantastic!!
Here are 10 Ways to Show Appreciation for Teachers:
- A gift card for a coffee shop with a note saying “Thanks a latte for all you do!”
- A small bag of potato chips with a note attached. “Thank you for chipping in to make this school year so great!”
- An appreciative handwritten card or handmade bookmark from your child.
- Volunteer some of your time to help in your child’s classroom.
- Gift card for a special limeade treat from SONIC Drive-In!
- Donate some items for your child’s classroom. Tissues, hand sanitizer, other school supplies. Each year, teachers spend more than $1 billion of their own money on school supplies. In no other profession are leaders expected to fund their work personally in the same ways teachers are expected to each day.
- Basket of fresh berries with a note that says “Thank you berry much!”
- Bag of popcorn — Popping by to say “Thanks!”
- Tin of Mints — Thanks for all you do. It mint a lot to me!
- Hot Dog from SONIC Drive-In — Frankly, you’re an awesome teacher!
Since 2009, SONIC has served as an advocate for teachers in local communities through its Limeades for Learning program, a national initiative in partnership with DonorsChoose.org to provide teachers with essential funds to continue inspiring creativity and learning in public school classrooms across the country. Thank you, SONIC!!
Check out the latest Hatch Kids video, sharing their #ThanksTeach moments.
Question — Do you have a creative way to show appreciation for teachers that I did not list here? If so, I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment and share your ideas with us, and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/3/2016 – 5/31/2016