This post is sponsored by Audible and SheKnows Media. All opinions are my own.
Looking for that perfect gift for the person who already has everything? Need a last-minute gift for the holidays? Did you know you could give a subscription to Audible, a monthly downloadable audio book service, instantly? You can even take Audible for a test spin for a FREE month trial!
Here are 11 reasons to give the gift of an Audible subscription:
- Listen on Walks or While Exercising — great way to stay healthy and enjoy a good book at the same time.
- Clutter Free! — A subscription to Audible doesn’t take up any room in your home.
- For the Commuter — Know someone who travels long distances to and from work each day? That time could be spent listening to a good book!
- Great for Teens or Tweens — With over 180,000+ books on Audible, there is something for everyone!
- Visually Impaired — Having trouble reading fine print? Audio books are a great alternative.
- Lose a Book? Download it Again. — Amazon tracks which purchases you’ve made on Audible and let’s you download another copy.
- Auditory Learners May Retain More Information — Listening to a book may help with reading comprehension too.
- Road Trips — Pick a title the whole family can enjoy for your next big road trip adventure. We recently enjoyed The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate.
- Let a Family Member Borrow a Book — Use your Amazon account settings to share your books with other family members.
- Listen While Doing Household Chores or Yardwork — Multitasking at its best!
- Great for Learning English — For those learning English as a second language, listening to audio books is an effective way to learn proper grammar and pronunciation.
The cost of an Audible subscription is just $14.95 per month and it includes one download 1 audio book each month from a choise of 180,000+ books, plus newspapers and magazines!
Start your free trial of Audible now!
For my free trial, I chose the book Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin. This was an inspiring book for getting the new year off to a great start. The book focuses on happiness habits for possessions, time, family, neighborhood, and body. The Audible version is read by Käthe Mazur, who has a pleasant voice that is very easy to listen to and understand. Audible gives the option of listening at various speeds, and I sped up to 1.5x which worked well for me. After listening to Happier at Home, I am so motivated to make lasting change for the new year!!