This is a fun weekend breakfast treat the entire family will enjoy! With the weekday rush to get the kids ready for school, I am particularly thankful for Saturday and Sunday mornings that are more relaxed. I love that the kids can help make these happy face pancakes by measuring out ingredients, stirring the mix, and arranging the fruit and SKIPPY® P.B. Bites to build their own unique versions. These happy face pancakes are simple to make and are sure to bring lots of smiles around the breakfast table!
To make happy face pancakes, you will need:
- your favorite pancake mix (other ingredients according to the package)
- SKIPPY® P.B. Bites Double Peanut Butter (find them in the peanut butter aisle of your local grocery store)
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Powdered Sugar
- Apple or Banana
Make the Pancakes
Start by making the pancakes according to the package instructions. Kids can help measure the ingredients and stir the mix! Set the pancakes aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
Prepare the Eyes and Mouth
Cut SKIPPY® P.B. Bites in half to form two eyes. I was surprised to learn that these are made with real peanut butter, but they are not sticky or messy! It did not take long for these to become part of my kids’ most requested after school snack! They especially love to snack on them with celery sticks, a banana, or apple slices. Yummy!
Cut the apple into slices (add a few drops of lemon juice to prevent browning) or cut a banana in half to form the smile.
Build Your Own Happy Face Pancakes!
Now the FUN part — Invite the kids build their own happy face pancakes! Place a pancake on a plate. Add a very light dusting of powdered sugar on top. Arrange the cut SKIPPY® P.B. Bites with the flat side down for the eyes.
As an optional step, try adding a chocolate chip on top of each of the SKIPPY® P.B. Bites to make pupils for the eyes.
Place the apple slice or the banana half for the smile! Serve immediately.
Leave a comment below. What other dish can you make with SKIPPY® P.B. Bites for a chance to win $100 Visa gift card.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/29/2016 – 5/29/2016