For a recent friend’s birthday, my kids wanted to surprise the birthday child with something super fun — a fort building kit! It was quick and easy to put together, but most importantly, it made the birthday girl smile!! They were very happy to learn that the fort building kit has already been put to very good use during rainy afternoons. Great imaginative playtime fun!
Here’s how to make a fort building kit of your own:
- A large flat bed sheet
- Jumbo clothespins
- A flashlight
- A drawstring bag to hold it all
- Printable sticker sheets
- A printed label (download the template here).
1. Download and print out the label template onto a sticker sheet.
2. Fill the drawstring bag with the folded flat bed sheet, flashlight, clothesline, and jumbo clothespins.
3. Cut out the label and attach it to the drawstring bag. Invite the kids to build an epic fort, or give your fort building kit to someone special!