Please give a warm welcome to my 8 year old, Emily for her very first guest post here on Inner Child Fun!! If you haven’t already seen it, be sure to check out her blog (and subscribe to her feed ’cause it would totally make her day) at TreehouseCity.com
Hi! I’m Emily, and I’m 8 years old. Today I’m going to share with you my top 10 tips for a successful lemonade stand. It’s one of my favorite things to do in the Summer time because it’s totally awesome! Here’s what my stand usually looks like:
Actually, it looks a little more like this…
Lovely, isn’t it? My mommy helped me with the signs. I think she bought them at Target. I love Target!
Anyway, here are my top 10 Tips for a Successful Lemonade Stand:
1. Smile and Wave — Always look happy, especially when people drive by. It makes them want to stop and buy some lemonade.
2. Never have any boogers hanging out of your nose. Nobody likes that. Just sayin’
3. Mind Your Manners — Say Please and THANK YOU …like ALL of the time.
4. You might want to have some “extras” in your shop. Some ideas are: cookies, bubbles, candy, or other goodies. It could give you more sales or repeat customers!
5. Always do your homework first. Remember that schoolwork is very important!
6. Stay Safe — Don’t get too close to the road, and make sure there’s a trusted adult nearby at all times.
7. Wear Sunscreen — My best-selling days are usually the hottest and sunniest, so sunscreen is a MUST.
8. Wear an Apron — I always get lots of compliments on mine, and it shows people that you are ready to work!
9. Pull back your hair if you’re a girl. Lemonade should not be hairy!
10. Have lots of fun!!!!!! Don’t forget to count your money when you’re all done.