Play silks are perfect for encouraging hours of imaginative play time fun because they can be easily made into several different things from costumes to props! Babies might enjoy a game of peek a boo with a play silk, while preschoolers might love to use a silk in a pot to stir up some pretend soup. I love how play silks are so versatile, and that they can easily grow with your child! A big thank you to Sarah’s Silks for providing us with our own Enchanted Play Silks Set for today’s creative play ideas!!
Here are 20 creative ways to play with silks:
1. Make a parachute for a small toy.
2. Make a cone from construction paper and use a silk for “ice cream”.
3. Tie a dolly sling.
4. Sail your boat on a blue silk “water”.
5. Put a mini-silk in a pot and stir up some “soup”.
6. Tie on a cape.
7. Tie two together for genie pants.
8. Use a garland around the waist and tuck playsilk into it to make a fairy skirt.
9. Use one for a puppet show back drop.
10. Build a fort with a cardboard box and a playsilk “door”.
11. Tie to a stick to make a flag.
12. Sword holder
13. Tie a hammock for a doll.
14. Pirate head scarf
15. Make a doll hammock.
16. Tie on a kimono sash.
17. Horsie reins
18. Pretend it is long hair, braid three together to be Rapunzel’s braid.
19. Play peek-a-boo a baby.
20. Tie one on a dowel to make a silk streamer.
I highly recommend adding some play silks to your child’s toy collection to encourage lots of imaginative playtime fun! Check out Sarah’s Silks for beautiful play silks, pretend play costumes, Waldorf-inspired toys, and accessories! I love that Sarah’s Silks dyes are non-toxic, non-hazardous, environmentally friendly, and don’t contain any heavy metals. The silks are easily hand-washed.
For more Waldorf-inspired fun, be sure to follow Sarah’s Silks on Pinterest and “like” them on Facebook!