1. Jumbo Watercolor Paints — I love the simplicity of this set of watercolor paints, and how it encourages kids to experiment with color mixing. The large paint pans make painting easy for even the youngest artists. Ages 3 and up.
2. Artist Canvas Boards — Nothing makes a kid feel like a real artist more than a set of canvas boards. They are the perfect way to showcase and display your child’s artwork! Ages 2 and up.
3. Creative Dough — Experiment with sculpture and more with soft dough. Both of my kids can spend an entire afternoon playing with this! Ages 2 and up.
4. Paint Pad — I love to have plenty of quality paper on-hand for the kids whenever their inspiration strikes. This paint pad is perfect for several different art mediums, and at $4.95 it is quite affordable. Many times we cut the sheets in half to make it last twice as long. Ages 2 and up.
5. Easy Grip Oil Pastels — I still remember the first time Emily (now age 8) colored with oil pastels for the first time, and how proud she was of the results! Oil pastels encourage plenty of drawing and color blending fun. Ages 3 and up.
6. Bamboo Brush Set — These are the kinds of paint brushes I used to dream of having when I was a kid! Quality brushes can be the difference between hours of time spent creating inspired art and angry frustration. Ages 3 and up.
Wondering where you can find these? All of these art supplies (and more) can be found at The Kiwi Crate Studio online shop! The shop is filled with top-quality materials, hand-picked by the kids art experts at award-winning Kiwi Crate. There are interesting new materials to try from glittery clay to liquid watercolor and eco-friendly options too.
(Note: Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here.)