Know what’s LOTS of fun?? Grabbing the kiddos, packing up some lunches (or better yet, breakfasts), and whisking them away for an impromptu picnic!!! Whether you go to a local park, or just enjoy the time in your own backyard, here are some of our favorite picnic games to make things even more fun!
1. Splatter-Painted Fireworks — Not a “game”, per se, but great active outdoor fun! Emily and Clara LOVE this!! We bring everything we need to make the sidewalk paint with us, the kids stir up their own paint, then get lots of great exercise making splatter-paintings!
2. Simple Bean Bag Toss Game — Bring along a few bean bags, draw targets using sidewalk chalk, and take turns to see who gets the highest score!
3. Flip Flop Fun — Another popular game around here, and it’s SO simple! Try flinging flip-flops or other loose fitting shoes into a target. Chalk targets or hula hoops work well for this!
4. Outdoor Color Match — This activity is quickly becoming a new favorite for us! Punch holes in the side of some leftover paint chips, and have the kids race to see who can match up the most colors in a set amount of time.
5. Mega Bubbles — While not a “game”, this is SO MUCH FUN!!!! We made Mega Bubbles several times last Summer, and the girl’s are already eager to do this again this year! So am I!! Added Bonus — All the materials can be found at your local hardware store, and are very inexpensive.
More ideas for inspired picnics (frugal style) coming up!
I linked this post to:
Happy Post @ Family Fresh Cooking