Swine flu appears to be making its way through our area, as it has throughout much of the U.S. Fortunately, we’ve managed to avoid it in our household so far, but some friends of ours were not so lucky. We delivered some meals to them, and I thought I would share this recipe with you in case you want to make someone else’s day a little brighter too. It’s quick, easy, frugal, and super good for you! Oh, and it freezes well too. What more could you want?
- During flu season, I try to make this using all organic ingredients. I found organic tomatoes and sauce at Big Lots for just $0.99 for a large can of each. Carrots, potatoes and celery are very affordable, with the organic varieties not costing that much more.
- Did you know the herb thyme is particularly good for sore throat and chest congestion? For those suffering from either of those aliments, I increase the amount of thyme in the recipe.
- Top a bowl of this Portuguese chicken with crushed tortilla chips — yummy!!
- For those friends who are extra special, serve with a loaf of freshly baked bread.
- I wish you could smell our house right now!!
- Tissues — We love Puff Plus with Lotion
- Cough Drops
- Herbal Tea with Honey