Pretty in Peach

Here’s a little sneak peek! This is what I made using some of this fabric and this pattern courtesy of the aptly named blog Make It and Love It. I did make it, and I do indeed LOVE it!! Ashley’s patterns are always so delightfully simple and easy to understand. Mine was made from a bed sheet purchased at the thrift store for just $1, and there is plenty of fabric leftover! The minute I saw the bed sheet, I knew I wanted to use the decorative edge as a ruffle on a cute sundress.

The pattern is available for sizes 6-12 months all the way up to size 5T, so I’m planning a few more of these for Emily as well.
What about the other fabric, you ask? It is going towards a very special (and frugal) project, indeed! More on that soon…..
And…….there is a fun giveaway starting tomorrow, so be sure to check back!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed to have future posts delivered to your feed reader.

Comments

1. aprilfoolwed says:

Adorable! How long did that take you to make? You make it seem efortless!

2. That is so pretty. If only I knew how to sew.

3. Beautiful!

4. Lenetta @ Nettacow says:

Excellent work – can't wait to see what else you're doing!

5. Booklover1212 says:

I LOVE it! I'm so jealous of people that can sew! My sewing ability ends with duct-taping hems! LOL!

~ Jennifer

6. Green Mamma says:

Adorable. Projects like these make me ache for knowledge of sewing, :-)

7. So pretty!

8. @ aprilfoolwed — This was very quick, and the entire dress was done in one afternoon!

@ Christy, Booklover1212 & Green Mamma — You don't know how to sew?? That is a sin! You guys are missing out! Hmmm…. I might have to do something about that……. maybe an online workshop? Wouldn't that be fun??

9. Adorable dress and adorable baby!

10. Mama King says:

Beautiful! Both the dress and the model!

11. Stephanie Griffith says:

So cute! Bedsheets are the best source for cheap fabric.

12. Luigi from Uprinting.com says:

How adorable! The title really fits the picture. Nice shots. Thank you for sharing this amazing post.Looking forward for the next one.

13. Val in the Rose Garden says:

OMG! That is SO cute! Clara is always a darling, but I think that peach is her color!!

Val

14. sunnymama says:

The dress is adorable, and so is the model!

I left you an award at my blog. No need to pass it on unless you want to but I just wanted you to know that I think your blog is great :)

15. You made that! Wow… I am more and more amazed at you everyday. You are so talented. That is so cute. Okay, so can I have one in size 24 months/2T (she's slender) and 4T/5T? :)

16. Night Owl Mama says:

Shes tooo cute

17. This dress is SO adorable! I wish I was better with my sewing machine so that I could tackle something other than lounge shorts and bandana dresses lol. Great work!